Is the census for students?

Whether you are French or foreign, a permanent resident or a student, as long as you are in France for at least 1 year, you are required to take the census.

You must take the censusin the town where you are living for your studies.. If you return to your parents' home at the weekend, they can indicate this when they take their own census.

If you live on a university campus you cannot respond online. You must fill out the paper questionnaires given to you by the Insee enumerator.

accéder au questionnaire